Monday, February 21, 2011

A Love Letter

I was given a love letter this morning!  (Don't worry Heidi, it was from a sweet old lady).  Most Monday mornings I spend about an hour at Rendezvous Coffee Shop reading.  This morning while I was waiting for my drink to be made I was asked by a sweet old lady, Mona, if she has given me one of her love letters.  I said that I have not and she gave me one.  We talked for a few minutes about faith, and God before she left.  It was a great love letter, that reminded me of the greatest love that I, or anyone, can ever receive.  That is the love of the God of the universe reaching out to us, sinners.  The story of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, truly is a story of love.  A story that shows God's for us.  A story that shows from the beginning God's endless pursuit to deal with our sins so that our relationship with Him might be restored.  A love story with an amazing sacrifice, because the only way that our sins could be dealt with was through the perfect sacrifice.  That perfect sacrifice was God's own son, Jesus Christ.  It was amazing love that drove God to sacrifice His son, for us.  And the thing that makes it SO incredible is that there is absolutely nothing that we can do to earn or payback the Love of God.  We can't.  That is why it is called grace.  We have been given something we can't deserve, can't earn, can't payback.  I am no more deserving of God's grace than the worst person I can possibly think of, and neither are you.  Grace is a gift, and amazing gift, that came from the amazing love of our amazing God!  Romans 5:8 states, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us!"  What a great love letter the Bible is!  I hope you are reading God's love letter, because it is God's amazing love for you and me that gives us the motivation, and ability, to live out this Christian life.  Spend some time reading God's love letter today, and I pray that like sweet Mona, we will be sharing the love letter with those who God brings us in contact with!  

No comments:

Post a Comment